- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 beaten large egg
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or 1 cup milk + 4 teaspoons lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 2 tablespoons of Pepperjack'd Pinapple Habanero hot sauce
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
Make your morning better with old-fashioned buttermilk pancakes with a KICK! We took this light, fluffy classic recipe which has been the centerpiece of the breakfast table for generations and stepped it up a notch.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine beaten egg, milk, margarine, Pepperjack'd Pineapple Habanero hot sauce and then add to dry ingredients. Stir until barely mixed.
- Heat lightly greased griddle or skillet. Using 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, drop onto hot, greased griddle, baking until top of pancake is covered with tiny bubbles.
- Flip and cook until lightly browned on underside.
Top each pancake with a pat of butter and serve with a warmed pancake syrup (We prefer maple syrup) alongside some bacon and eggs (scrambled with Pineapple Habanero on top, of course) and you've got yourself a morning meal that'll put a pep in your step!